From beautiful beaches and waterfalls to fun places for the family, Jamaica offers a wide variety of attractions for all ages and personalities. Here are some of the best places to visit when visiting Jamaica!
- The Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, Jamaica. The Bob Marley museum is located on the actual site of the singer’s home that he purchased in the year 1975. He lived in the home from that year until 1981, the year of his death. The home was turned into a museum 6 years after his death by his wife, Rita Marley. The museum features a variety of items that belonged to Marley, a theater, a gift shop selling Marley memorabilia, and ‘The One Love Café’.
- Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Dunn’s River Falls is a famous waterfall and a national treasure. Globally recognized as one of the most beautiful places on the island of Jamaica, if not the earth itself. Spaniards have nicknamed the area of Dunn’s River Falls ‘Las Chorreras’ meaning the waterfalls, or springs. The area of the falls boasts not only the beautiful waterfall itself, but also four rivers, including; Cave River, Turtle River, Dunn’s River, and Roaring River. This beautiful area was featured in the James Bond movie ‘Dr. No.’, and is an extremely popular tourism area in Jamaica.
- The Green Grotto Caves in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. The Green Grotto Caves are a beautiful underground Green cavern, a popular modern day tourist attraction with a very interesting history. In the 17th century, the Green Grotto Caves were a haven for Spaniards who were being driven out of the island by the invading Englishmen. In the middle of the twentieth century, the Caves were used as a hideout by arms dealers who were smuggling weaponry to Cuba between the two world wars. The Green Grotto Caves are now a very popular tourist attraction, running 12 meters deep with a mysterious labyrinth full of light holes and a subterranean lake, aptly named ‘The Grotto Lake.’
- Navy Island off the coast of Port Antonio, Portland Parish, Jamaica. Navy Island is known for its crazy Hollywood parties, thanks to it formerly being owned by actor Errol Flynn. It is now open for the public, and full of water sport activities, great beach bars and African-style beach cottages. The island is a very popular tourist attraction and a must see when visiting Jamaica!
- Dolphin Cove in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Dolphin Cove is a very popular tourist attraction in Ocho Rios, where visitors are able to swim and interact with dolphins, stingrays and other marine animals. Dolphin Cove is in the middle of five miles of beautiful rain-forest, and features coastal boat rides and glass bottom kayak rides to explore the area!