Every year more and more travelers are visiting India. People are coming from all over the world to experience the unique culture and get up-close and personal with the natural wonders that is spread across the length and breadth of the country. With the Indian government realizing the importance of encouraging the tourism industry various new measures are put forth in place to provide the tourists with the excellent facilities and assuring them security. A recent survey about tourists visiting India, it has been noted that the woman travelers travelling alone are on the rise over the past few years.
In spite of the various security measures in place it is always advisable to take personal safety measures to avoid any problems that would hamper the fun and your tourism experience. For all the women travelers travelling around in India, the following safety tips would greatly help you:
- First and foremost make sure that you carry all your travel documents with you including, passport, visa, travel insurance to avoid any security problems. Also, from the security and safety point of view ensure that you leave all the vital details about your travel plan with someone back at home so that they can reach out to anytime.
- Make sure that you get all your bookings well in advance before arriving in the country. Be it hotel bookings, travel tickets and carry the copy of the payment receipt. If you wish to travel from one state to another make sure that you use a safe and secured online travel booking services like abhibus.com to reserve your bus tickets. If you are booking tickets through this site, you can use the abhibus coupons to get valuable discount on your ticket charges; you can use the money saved for other travel purposes like shopping or a fine lunch at a plush restaurant.
- Another important tip to remember is to travel light and simple. Leave all your valuable items like extra credit cards, jewelleries home. Carrying expensive items with you is not only risky but also it is an additional burden that you would have to take care of.
- It is always a great idea to dress conservatively; make sure that you wear clothes that are comfortable for yet not very revealing. You can take fashion ideas from the local women and make sure that you dress according to the culture of the region that you are visiting. Often times, what you think is a casual and attractive clothing may be considered inappropriate or even provocative, which could land you in trouble and spark harassment. In addition, to your outfit make sure that you keep your make-up minimal and avoid wearing too much jewellery that could attract attention of the miscreants.
- Always feel confident about yourself. Even you are not very confident and pretend that you know the place around and are fully aware about what you are doing and where you are going. This will keep you safe from people who would consider you as soft target.
- Last but not the least, do a research about the culture, traditions, weather of the place that you are visiting and dress up and behave accordingly. It is always best to be Safe than being sorry.